Monday, October 27, 2008

NEWS TOPICS

These days I am interested in the news about the financial crisis. I read an article about economy.
It said that in the fall of 2008, the credit crunch ,which had emerged a little more than a year before, ballooned  into Wall Street's biggest crisis since the Great Depression. 
This article reminds me of the financial crisis in 1997. At that time Chinese government did well and Chinese economy hadn't been affected deeply by it. Now this financial crisis has an effect on Chinese economy and I wonder what measures the government will take. That is the first reason why I want to learn more about financial crisis.
Second, to be honest I have no idea about the economy. It's a new district ,so I want to learn more about it.      

2 comments:

Abdu said...

It is fair to give the state which has more population more voices. But if only 30% of the people how have the right to vote are voting and if we take the state of California as an example then 10,500,000 voters are equivalent to about 10% (55/538 * 100) of the total number of voices and even worse it is equivalent to 20% (55/270 * 100) of the voices that the presidential candidate needs in order to win the election. If we go more, the US population is 303,824,640. By simple calculation we could find that about 3.5% (10,500,000/303,824,640 * 100) of the US population preserve 20% of the voices. In other words 96.5% of the Americans share 80% of the voices. Imagine that in California only 1000 people have time to vote then 0.000329% ≈ 0% of the US population 1will preserve 20% of the voices.

Renay said...

hi yuchen,

I am so surprised that you have the interest on economy, but I'm not pay attention to it much, because I think it is too complex... China is influeced by the financial crisis, and my mom told me the stock in China is still decreasing... I hope it will be solved ASAP.~

Renay